Are You Ready?, Logistics, Scrutiny, Checking References, Know Your Reasons For Interviewing, Discussions About Specialty
Regardless of the economy, the demand for experienced young lawyers is always high. It is not uncommon for associates to receive daily calls from headhunters trying to recruit them. Lateral candidates have options: They can move up to higher-ranked firms, go to smaller firms with better partnership prospects, or obtain in-house or part-time positions. Many take advantage of these opportunities: Some studies estimate that more than 80 percent of attorneys change jobs at least once within five years of graduation. In fact, it is now completely acceptable for junior attorneys to move several times before finally settling down. With the growing mobility in the legal profession, lateral interviews are becoming significantly more important.
- Lunch Interviews, Dinners, and Retreats - Act Professional, Never Let Your Guard Down, What To Order?, Table Manners, Basic Etiquette
- Interviewing for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls - 1l Interviews, 2l Interviews, 3l Interviews
- Lateral Interviews - Are You Ready?
- Lateral Interviews - Logistics
- Lateral Interviews - Scrutiny
- Lateral Interviews - Checking References
- Lateral Interviews - Know Your Reasons For Interviewing
- Lateral Interviews - Discussions About Specialty
- Lateral Interviews - Questions About Experience
- Lateral Interviews - Questions About Career Goals
- Lateral Interviews - Questions About Other Firms
- Lateral Interviews - Never Badmouth An Employer