Interviewing for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls
1l Interviews, 2l Interviews, 3l Interviews
Most larger firms hire law students through their summer programs. Additionally, some small and mid-sized firms hire students on a part-time basis during the law school year. You have a good chance of getting a job during your law school career regardless of your law school, seniority, and academics. You just may have to work harder, depending on how these factors play out. When preparing for your interviews, use the resources available through career services, including mock interviews and resume proofreading. This chapter addresses components that are unique to interviewing as a 1L, 2L, or 3L. In addition, be sure to review other chapters in this book to help hone your interviewing skills.
- Lateral Interviews - Are You Ready?, Logistics, Scrutiny, Checking References, Know Your Reasons For Interviewing, Discussions About Specialty
- How to Sell Yourself Effectively - Emphasize Your Strong Points, Address Your Weak Points, Answer The “why” Question, Distinguish Yourself
- Interviewing for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls - 1l Interviews
- Interviewing for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls - 2l Interviews
- Interviewing for 1Ls, 2Ls, and 3Ls - 3l Interviews