- Carol Kelly-Gangi, Celebrating Teachers. New York: Barnes & Noble, 2001. A collection of observations by teachers and students.
- Jim Murphy, My Face to the Wind. New York: Scholastic, 2001. The true story of Sarah Jane Price, a teenage girl who writes about her experiences as a teacher in Nebraska during the late 1800s.
- David Shribman, I Remember My Teacher, Kansas City, MO: Andrews McMeel, 2001. A collection of personal stories about teachers and the effect they have had on their students’ lives.
- Esther Wright, Why I Teach. Roseville, CA: Prima, 1999. An inspiring collection of stories written by teachers who love the challenges and triumphs of teaching.
- Jim Yerman, So You Want to Be a Special Education Teacher. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons, 2001. A book about the challenges and successes experienced by a teacher who works with students who have special needs.
- SoYouWanna.com, “So You Wanna Be a Teacher?” www.soyouwanna.com.
- U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook 2002–2003, “Teachers—Preschool, Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle, and Secondary,” www.bls.gov.
- LessonPlansPage.com (www.lessonplanspage.com). Includes a collection of links to stories for and about teachers.
- Teacher Magazine (www.teachermagazine.org). An online magazine with essays, articles, and commentaries written by teachers.