TOOL AND DIE MAKER
Job Duties, Did You Know?, Education And Training, Pros And Cons, Other OptionsSalary, VIDEOS
Tools are instruments that are made to perform a specific function. Dies are metal forms that are also made to perform a specific task. The manufacturing of most products requires tools and dies. Tools and dies contribute to the manufacturing process by enabling machines to properly produce a product. Tool and die makers are responsible for making these tools and dies from start to finish. Tools and dies are a necessary part of the manufacturing process because without them, machines would not have the proper accessories to make a product, whether it be something as complex as automotive parts or as simple as an article of clothing.
Skilled tool and die makers are few. The lengthy training process is unappealing to a lot of people, so the ones who stick it out are valued. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the average earnings of a tool and die maker were $37,000 in 1998. And the longer a tool and die maker sticks with the profession, the more he or she is bound to make.
Metal Trim Repair & Chrome Preparation
Learn more about working with metal with this informative video. It includes tips on repairing different kinds of metal, as well as techniques to remove scratches and dents in metal.
Patchwork and Metal Finishing
This video will lead you through the basics of how metal is painted, including preparation techniques. It also contains information on working with various types of metals.
- TOUR GUIDE - Description, What Does It Take To Be A Good Tour Guide?, Education And Training, Salary - Outlook
- THEATRICAL PRESS AGENT - Education And Training, Outlook, Tips For Writing A Press Release, For More Information, Theater - Salary
- TOOL AND DIE MAKER - Job Duties
- TOOL AND DIE MAKER - Did You Know?
- TOOL AND DIE MAKER - Education And Training
- TOOL AND DIE MAKER - Pros And Cons
- TOOL AND DIE MAKER - Other Options
- TOOL AND DIE MAKER - For More Information