Big Firms vs. Small Firms
Major Differences, Big Firm, Big Budget, Smaller Firm, Smaller Budget
This chapter addresses the major differences between interviewing at big and small firms. But be aware that there are many variations in interviewing styles at different firms, and many firms, especially medium-sized firms, which are not discussed here, may fall at any spot on the spectrum. This chapter provides general advice for interviewing at larger (200-plus attorneys) and smaller (50 or less attorneys) firms. After reviewing this chapter, reread How to Do Your Homework and conduct firm-specific research to determine which approach to take.
- Body Language and Demeanor - Find The Right Balance Of Confidence, Try Not To Be Nervous, Engage Your Interviewer, Tell A Story
- Answering Inappropriate or Illegal Questions - Illegal And Discriminatory Questions, Inappropriate Questions, Our Advice
- Big Firms vs. Small Firms - Major Differences
- Big Firms vs. Small Firms - Big Firm, Big Budget
- Big Firms vs. Small Firms - Smaller Firm, Smaller Budget