Songwriter For Recording Artists: Composer • Lyricist • Songwriter • Writer, Composer/songwriter For Film And Television: Composer • Lyricist • Songwriter • Writer (film And Television)
“It all begins with a song” is a phrase often heard within the music community. Songs are the foundation of the music business. Without a songwriter to pen words and compose a melody, the most remarkable voice would never be heard.
Many songwriters and composers drift between writing songs for artists and having their songs used in film, television, and advertising. The songwriters profiled in this chapter have been categorized by primary role and are divided into three categories: Songwriter for Recording Artists, Composer/Songwriter for Film and Television, and Composer/Songwriter for Advertising.
- CREATIVE SERVICE AND VIDEO - Art Director And Graphic Designer • Creative Director, Designer • Owner Of A Graphic Design Company
- APPENDICES - Unions, Performing Rights Societies, Organizations, Directories And Magazines, Four-year Schools Offering Degrees In Music Business Management
- COMPOSING—SONGWRITING - Songwriter For Recording Artists: Composer • Lyricist • Songwriter • Writer
- COMPOSING—SONGWRITING - Composer/songwriter For Film And Television: Composer • Lyricist • Songwriter • Writer (film And Television)
- COMPOSING—SONGWRITING - Composer/songwriter For Advertising: Jingle Writer/producer • Commercial Music Producer • Advertising Composer • Songwriter/producer