WAITER OR WAITRESS
Even though people cut back on going out to eat during a recession, they may only switch from going out for dinner to going out for lunch. More affluent families and more people over fifty-five will keep the demand for eating out growing. The turnover in this industry is high, and new opportunities constantly present themselves.
Ways to Increase Your Tips
- Get the beverages out right away.
- Always carry a coffeepot with you at breakfast.
- Keep a constant eye on your tables.
- Don't talk with one group at the expense of others.
- Always carry something with you to and from tables.
- Practice memorizing orders, but don't do it if you are just going to forget.
Job Descriptions and Careers, Career and Job Opportunities, Career Search, and Career Choices and ProfilesCool Careers Without CollegeWAITER OR WAITRESS - Salary, Outlook, For More Information - Education and Training